Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: How much has Fecility changed?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Felicity which my daughter will be receiving on Christmas is the new Felicity. When we first received her my daughter said, "I didn't think she would look like that." We had expected her hair to be redder like the illustrations in the books. My daughter's hair is similar in coloring to the book Felicity and she thought the doll's hair would be the same color.

    I had debated whether to buy her an older Felicity on ebay but was afraid that it might be one of the "bad" deals that mom_to_an_americangirl described. Since Lissie was to be a gift for my daughter I knew that if I wasn't happy with an ebay doll that I couldn't return it. So we ended up getting a new Lissie from AG.

    My daughter has now grown accustomed to Lissie and is beginning to bond with her when Lissie comes out of the spare bedroom to visit. My daughter keeps telling me that she can't wait until Christmas gets here so she can get Felicity!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for information on the water colors. I thought I would try chalking her cheeks with a Q-tip or chalking brush. The other thing I wanted to add was that I noticed the red haired Agot dolls at AGP had redder hair than Felicity does now. I was so tempted to buy one but chose another instead! Jan

  3. #13
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have an older Felicity and she has reddish-gold hair. Her body matches her "skin" color. The newer Felicity has brighter green eyes and darker hair. I do not think Felicity was ever produced in 1986. If she was, she was never shown in the catalog.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With facts about the body tags with dolls they don't change the tags with the years. I am guessing all causion bodies come off the same line and new heads are fitted. Since the first dolls were Kirsten, Samantha and Mollt when Felicity came out they just used the same body. YOu can pick up a brand new doll at American Girl today and take off her clothes and there will always be a tag saying 1986 becuase that was the year the body was first produced not the first Felicity doll produced.

  5. #15
    Puella Romana
    Guest Puella Romana's Avatar

    Post

    I have a new Felicity (Christmas '02) and our local bookstore has an early 90's Lissie on display with their AG books. The older one I saw had brighter orange-red hair and much lighter make-up. My Lissie's hair is a definate auburn. It looks like a somewhat coppery brown but turns more red if the sunlight hits it right or if I take a flash photo. Her eyes are also MUCH greener than the ones on the older Lissie and she has rosier cheeks.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Katja95's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I am in the same boat as you are Virginia.
    The only thing my daughter can compare it to is against the illustrations in the books since none of her friends have the doll and she's never seen one either. But from what I can gather, since none of the dolls really look like the illustrations, she will have to adjust to her anyway. Hopefully she will bond with her.
    I kinda like the redder hair better. And it seems the older doll also has the curls around her face that makes her look so cute.
    But I think I would buy a new doll from AG to show that there are still demands for Fecility. Hopefully that will keep her alive a while longer ...sob !-(
    BTW, what about freckles. Felicity got to have freckles, right?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Katja95:
    And it seems the older doll also has the curls around her face that makes her look so cute.
    But I think I would buy a new doll from AG to show that there are still demands for Fecility. Hopefully that will keep her alive a while longer ...sob !-(
    BTW, what about freckles. Felicity got to have freckles, right?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The newer doll has the curls around her face too. You can't really see them in photos online or in the catalogs. Here's a link from the AG site where you can see the curls around the face of the newer doll.

    http://www.americangirlstore.com/ima...EDP_main_2.jpg

    Unfortunately none of the Lissie dolls have freckles, neither the old or new ones. I really wish she had freckles. It would make her more like the character in the books. I know that a couple of Felicity's stories mention her freckles. My daughter wishes that Lissie had freckles too, since she has freckles herself.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought the new Lessie in March. She definitely has Auburn hair. But you can see a lot or red in it when the light hits it the right way. I don't think she really looks like the illustrations but neither do most of the dolls. I was surprised how dark Kaya's skin was. My husband even asked me why they made Kaya black. Also all the dolls have the same face mould. So they can only look like the illustrations so much.

  9. #19
    Puella Romana
    Guest Puella Romana's Avatar

    Post

    lieu, do you have a Kaya from when the doll first came out? My friend's Kaya (brought really soon after her release) lived with me for a while and my dad asked if she was the African American doll! [img]confused.gif[/img] However I have a new Kaya (got her for my b-day last month) and she is a whole lot paler. Vampire Kaya? [img]wink.gif[/img] I wonder if they have changed her skin tone or mine was just made from another batch of plastic. I'll try and get a picture of the two dolls together.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We got Kaya as soon as she came out. She is very dark skinned. Maybe people commented on it and Pleasant company changed the doll. My husband thought she looked African American too. I think I would have preferred a lighter tone. She would resemble the character more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •